I’ve been making recipes that I know my kids and hubby will eat, but that have some health value too. We like Mexican food and I thought I’d switch out a few things to make soft tacos a healthier eat for us.
So for my ground turkey soft tacos, I simply switch out beef for ground turkey, and veggie wraps for white flour tortillas. Here’s my video!
Everything else virtually remains the same (except for adding in the veggie toppings like lettuce, tomato, and onions). And of course, you can always top with cheese and bring in your favorite salsas and hot sauces.
Ground Turkey Soft Tacos
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 pack taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- oregano to taste
- pepper to taste
- chopped lettuce, tomato, and onions
- 1 pack garden spinach herb tortillas (or tortilla flavor of choice)
- Brown the ground turkey until completely cooked.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic and cook at the same time.
- Drain excess oil then add meat back into pan.
- Pour in 1 pack of taco seasoning mix and follow directions on the seasoning mix packet.
- Serve the meat on tortillas with onion, lettuce, tomato, and other chopped vegetables of choice.
- Top with cheese.
- Roll into a burrito-style and cut in half.
Do you have another healthy variation of soft tacos? I’d love to hear about it because I’m always adding to my recipe box. Let me know if you do!